Tuesday 15 December 2009

Birthday Blast

Birthdays are fab. Spending time with family and friends, eating cake, celebrating another year passing (or cringing in my case) and if you’re lucky, a few nice presents. And usually, for those interested in fashion, this means clothes.


So for my upcoming 20th (gah), my gran couldn’t find anything nice to get me, so took me shopping. We wandered around the town with my mum, enjoyed dinner in Union Square and eventually ended up in Fat Face. This is a shop I usually like, the clothing is comfortable and looks effortless but trendy at the same time. A lot of their tops are quite flattering for fuller figured ladies like myself, I haven’t had much luck with anything for the bottom half in the past though.

So when I spotted a cute, red denim mini skirt, I initially thought ‘I like it, but will it like me?’. With encouragement from my mum and gran, I decided to try it on. However, when I went to get my size off the rail, there was no size 14 in sight. I reluctantly lifted the size 12 and dragged myself to the changing rooms. As I began to try it on, I expected it to get to my thighs, and J.Lo-esque booty, and go no further.



But as the denim slipped over the curves and the button fastened with no strain (with room to spare I might add) light descended from the heavens and the hallelujah chorus sounded.

I managed to get into a size 12! That sold it for me, the skirt was bought and taken to be wrapped up as birthday gift.


After this pleasing experience, I tried on another skirt in the store that I liked. This also fit in the size 12. Granted it was a wool skirt and stretched, but it was still a 12, and I was still on the high from the denim size 12 fitting.


So with a big smile on my face, I treated myself to the wool skirt and waited patiently until my birthday for my red one.
One positive aspect of reaching the big two-oh, becoming a size 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment